- SIDAS Home
- About us
Our eco approach
At SIDAS we make a concerted effort to minimise our environmental impact without comprising the quality and integrity of our products.
In 2009, SIDAS demonstrated its commitment to environmentally friendly business practices with the construction of a new eco-designed head office and the implementation of robust ecological policy.
AN ECOLOGICAL APPROACH
SIDAS works hard to minimise their environmental impact by utilising:
- More eco-friendly packaging (FSC label)
- Responsible procurement (Imprim'Vert-certified printers, FSC paper, recycled paper, etc.)
- An eco-responsible approach to the entire product life cycle.
SIDAS' twin objectives of composition and product life cycle optimisation enable us to make constant reductions in environmental impact.
WE TAKE SUSTAINED ACTION IN THE FOLLOWING AREAS :
- we choose recycled or recyclable materials that also improve the biomechanical properties of our products.
- we select our partners carefully, adopting a policy of responsible procurement (Imprim’Vert® and oxo-biodegradable plastics).
- wherever possible we choose natural materials (bamboo and water-based ink) and recycled materials (waste straw, ortholite®, EVA and PORON®).
- our packaging is eco-friendly, using paper and cardboard from sustainably managed forests (FSC).
Our production process:
Our emissions test carried out in June 2010 showed a fall in CO2 emissions.
- minimum loss from waste: waste sorting is optimised to the greatest possible extent.
- recycling: all our insoles are made with a maximum of recyclable or recycled materials without compromising our high levels of quality and performance.
Transport: we favour usage of energy-efficient modes of transport, particularly sea transportation
A NEW ECO-DESIGNED HEAD OFFICE
The SIDAS head office is sighted in Voiron, near to Grenoble. The premises, sited on the Champfeuillet Est business park are fully-equipped with photo-voltaic panels and designed using eco-friendly materials.
The two-storey building provides functional training rooms for our customers and well-lit offices for our staff.
By combining good design, ecology and functionality, we are able to offer our staff and customers a place where conducting business is a pleasure.